Is anyone else out there addicted to hummus? No, just me? Ah well, that’s ok more for me! 😀 I love hummus, but can never find it in stores (I shop at walmart). So, I decided to make my own! I adapted a recipe from Oh She Glows and it turned out great! You can find the original recipe here. I love Angela’s website and how easy most of her recipes are! I definitely suggest checking out her website, even if you aren’t a vegan.
- 1 cup chickpeas (I used the canned kind)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- just under 1/4 cup of tahini
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chickpea liquid
- one packet of taco casa hot sauce (substitute with whatever hot sauce you have)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne red pepper
- Place all ingredients into food processor and process until smooth.It goes from this to this….
- Now all you need are some veggies and enjoy! (Or you could always just eat it by the spoonful! Guilty as charged! ;))
Hope you enjoy! 😀