School starts tomorrow! Boo! Where did Christmas vacation go? Oh, well only 71 days till Spring Break! Yay! 😀 If anyone else is bummed about having to return to school or work, a great pick me up is this yummy salad. I adapted the recipe from the Voracious Vander. I love her blog and am so jealous that she lives in Australia! You can find the original recipe here or you can make my version!
Pan Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Salad
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- sprinkle of Creole seasoning (optional, picture not shown)
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced thinly
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (1 cup uncooked)
- 1 cup cooked cannellini beans
- 1 medium tomato, diced into cubes
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Cook quinoa
- Heat a medium sized pan, add 1/2 tbsp of olive oil, and cook corn and zucchini. Sprinkle garlic onto vegetables. Cook until zucchini is soft and golden.
- Add quinoa and creole seasoning. Stir until everything is warm. (About 3-4 minutes)
- Add cannellini beans and stir until warm.
- Remove quinoa mixture and put into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of olive oil into pan and add tomatoes and pumpkin seeds. Cook until tomatoes are soft and golden.
- Place the tomatoes and pumpkin seeds on top of the quinoa mixture.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.