Hi! Sorry for taking so long to post another recipe! School was hectic this week! By the time, Saturday FINALLY rolled around, I wanted some comfort food! It’s absolutely freezing (Ok it was really only 30, but that’s cold for Texas!), where I live right now and stroganoff sounded amazing. I also had a weird craving for mushrooms, so into the pan they went. I loosely followed this recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie, who is my favorite blogger of all time. (Maybe it’s the fact that she lives in Texas, too! :D)
Serves: 2 large portions or 3-4 small portions
- 1 box sliced mushrooms
- 2 handfuls of chopped baby carrots
- 1 onion, chopped (I used a red onion)
- green beans (I used half a frozen bag
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3-4 tbsp tomato paste
- cornstarch (not really sure how much I used, but I think it was around 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or whatever kind you have)
- 3 tbsp chicken broth
- salt (and pepper, if desired)
- 1 tsp oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- Heat pan, add oil and onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until onion is soggy.
- Add mushrooms and garlic. Saute for 6 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
- Add carrots, green beans, paprika, and pepper. Saute another 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Once water is boiling, reduce heat to low and cover pan for 30-35 minutes.
- Combine tomato paste, almond milk, chicken broth, 1/2 tsp salt, and pepper in a small bowl. (Sauce should be slightly thick).
- After the 35 minutes, stir in sauce and bring to a boil.
- Once it boils, reduce heat to medium and stirring occasionally let simmer until liquid reduces (10-20 minutes).
There you have it! If the process looks to long for you to be able to do, Katie says that it can be made in a crock pot, but I haven’t tried it and can’t vouch for the results. Overall, the stroganoff turned out wonderful and my craving for mushrooms was satisfied! 🙂