I have made a breakthrough! My brother who never, NEVER tries anything I make because he thinks its “too healthy” ate these chips and declared them almost as good as the real thing. Success is mine! Mwhahaha! 😀 Now, I have never been a chip person, so I don’t actually know what real sour cream and onion chips taste like. However, between me and my brother we devoured these chips! I seriously suggest making these if you have a picky eater on your hands, like I do!
Easy Sour Cream and Onion Kale Chips
makes 4-5 cups
- 1 1/2 cup cashews (soaked for 3 hours)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (maybe another type of vinegar would work….)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 head of kale
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- Strip the kale from its stem and shred into “chip” sized pieces.
- In a blender combine cashews, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and water, until creamy and smooth. (Should be the consistency of thick salad dressing.)
- Chop red onion.
- In a large bowl, combine kale, cashew sauce, and onion until thoroughly combined.
- Dehydrate in a dehydrator (I have heard people using their ovens, but I haven’t tried that and can’t vouch for your results) at 105 degrees for 12-15 hours.
I hope you all try this recipe and I would love to hear it this works in the oven or not! 🙂
Question of the day: Do you have or know a picky eater who refuses to eat healthy?