Happy New Year’s Eve everyone! I hope that you all have a fantastic and safe New Year’s Eve. My New Year plans include playing monopoly with my family and watching a movie! I’m such a rebel. Hahaha 😀 After having a late start this morning (I woke up at 9:30! that’s pretty good for me ;)), I wasn’t really hungry until after I worked out. I was looking through the pantry thinking what can I fix that’s yummy, healthy, and filling? Then, I remembered a recipe for a carrot slaw I saw. I slightly adapted it and in no time had a yummy lunch! Score!
Easy Tahini Carrot Slaw
Time: 15-30 mins
makes about 5 cups
- 10 oz matchstick carrots (I used petite carrots and threw them into my salad shooter)
- 1 cup organic raisins (I used the golden kind)
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- If using petite carrots throw them into the salad shooter or food processor and whir away! (On my salad shooter, I used the cheese grater option.)It goes from this to this…… (magic I tell ya!)
- In a small bowl, combine tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, spices, and black pepper.(sorry for the blurry picture!)
- In a large mixing bowl add your shredded carrots, raisins, and pumpkin seeds.
- Scoop the tahini mixture out of the small bowl and mix into the carrot mixture. Mix until all the ingredients are well coated.
So there ya have it! An easy, healthy carrot slaw that is sure to impress anyone! 😀